20. My son, keep the commands of your אב [Ab, father], and do not forsake the תורה [Torah, teaching] of your אם [Am, mother].
21. Bind them always upon your לב [leb, heart], tie them upon your neck.
22. When you walk, it shall lead you; when you lie down, it shall guard you, and when you awaken, it shall speak for you.
23. For a commandment is a candle, and the Torah is אור [Aur, light], and disciplining rebukes are the way of life;
24. to guard you from אשת רע [isha, ra: a polluted woman], from the smoothness of the alien tongue.
25. Do not desire her beauty in your heart, and do not let her captivate you with her eyelids.
26. Because a man is brought to a loaf of bread for a אשה זונה [isha, zanah: fornicating woman], and אשה [isha, woman] will hunt a precious נפש [nephesh, soul].
27. Can a man take אש [esh, fire] in his חיק [cheyq: bosom, breast, lap, or pubis] without burning his clothes?
28. Or can a man walk on live coals without scorching his feet?
29. So is he who goes in to his neighbor's אשה [isha, woman]; no one who touches her will go unpunished.
30. They will not despise a thief if he steals to sate his appetite, for he is hungry.
31. And if he is found, he will pay sevenfold; he must give all he owns.
32. One who commits נאף [na'aph, Adultery] with a woman is devoid of לב [leb, heart]; one who would destroy his נפש [nephesh, soul] - he will do it.
33. He will find wounds and disgrace, and his reproach shall not be erased...