In order to assure success in the development of the human being, one has to work daily with the three factors of the revolution of the consciousness:
- To be born as a soul; the liberation and actualization of virtues
- To die psychologically; mystical death; the decaptitation of the ego; purification of pride, anger, lust, envy, etc.
- To sacrifice for others; service, charity, selflessness, altruism, bodhichitta, etc.
In Mahayana and Tantrayana Buddhism, these three factors are taught in a definitive order:
- Death: to cease harmful action and eliminate its causes
- Birth: to adopt virtuous action and support its causes
- Sacrifice: to work for the benefit of others
"No one could attain Adepthood without the three factors of the revolution of consciousness, clearly expressed by our Lord the Christ: Then said Jesus unto his disciples,
“If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” –Matthew 16:24
“To deny himself” signifies dissolution of the “I.”
“To take up his cross,” to place it on our shoulders, signifies to work with Sex Yoga, the Maithuna, Sexual Magic.
“And follow me” signifies to follow the Christ, which is equivalent to sacrificing one’s own life for the sake of humanity, to devote one’s life so that others may live." —Samael Aun Weor, Hell, the Devil, & KarmaHell, the Devil, & Karma
"We must clarify that the work with the Grain has three completely defined lines. First: to be born. Second: to die. Third: to sacrifice for the poor, suffering humanity. To be born is a completely sexual problem. To die is a matter of sanctity. Sacrifice for humanity is Christ-centrism. The Angel must be born within us. This Angel is born from his sexual seed. Satan must die; this is a matter of sanctity. We must give our life so that others may live. This is Christ-centrism." —Samael Aun Weor, The Perfect Matrimony