From Old English heofon "home of God," earlier "the visible sky, firmament."
"...there are always nine, as the Florentine Dante stated with so much assertion in his classic poem The Divine Comedy.
1. Heaven of the Moon, the astral world
2. Heaven of Mercury, the mental world
3. Heaven of Venus, the causal world
4. Heaven of the Sun, the Buddhic or Intuitive World
5. Heaven of Mars, the Atmic World, region of Atman
6. Heaven of Jupiter, or Nirvana
7. Heaven of Saturn, the Paranirvanic World
8. Heaven of Uranus, the Mahaparanirvanic World
9. Heaven of Neptune, the Empyrean World
"It is evident that these nine heavens are also within us, here and now. They interpenetrate each other without being confused. Obviously, these nine heavens are found located in nine superior dimensions. Clearly, they are nine parallel universes." - Samael Aun Weor, The Three Mountains
"These nine heavens are represented by the nine planets. For example, when we refer to the Moon, we must not think about the Moon as the physical satellite... Let us consider now the lunar heaven. These heavens do not mean precisely that they are related to the physical Moon, but to the superior regions, those molecular regions which are lunar. They are governed by the Moon. It is a molecular lunar world which is found here in our world." - Samael Aun Weor, Tarot and Kabbalah