We are in need of volunteers to aid in the transcription of lectures. This is a simple process of typing verbatim the words of an audio lecture. We also have transcribed lectures that need to be proofread, edited, and corrected.
- To volunteer to make a transcription, pick a lecture from the list. Please do not ask us to assign one to you, or say "any." We remove assigned lectures from the list as soon as they are assigned, so the list is usually accurate. Alternatively, since some transcribers never complete their task, there are lectures in the courses that are not on this list. If you find a lecture that does not have a transcription, write to us at the link below.
- Download your chosen lecture, play it, and type in the spoken text as accurately as possible. The lecture can be transcribed as any basic text format (txt, doc, rtf, etc). NOTE: Please do not use dictation software; it is highly inaccurate, and the time it takes to correct is far longer than the time it takes to type the lecture manually! (If dictation software worked, we would not need volunteers to make transcriptions.)
- We appreciate light editing, such as excluding coughs, "ums," misspoken words, and other unimportant aspects of speech. It is also helpful if contractions are expanded (make "You're" into "You are.")
- Completed lectures can be emailed to us. Use the button below this list to submit your transcription request to us.
- To volunteer to proofread a transcribed lecture, write to us and we will let you know what is available.
- Kabbalah of Genesis 26 Paradise Lost, Part Two
- Machinery of the Soul 09 Karma and Liberation
- Machinery of the Soul 11 Bodhichitta and Impressions
- Machinery of the Soul 12 The End of the Machine
- Esoteric Christianity 02 Christ, the Universal Origin of Activity
- Esoteric Christianity 03 Foundations of the Christian Path
- Esoteric Christianity 04 Spiritual Marriage
Link to download audio lectures: audio lecture downloads.
To communicate with us about transcriptions, including submitting completed texts, use this link:
Answers to Frequent Questions:
How much time do I have to supply the transcriptions?
We do not require any particular time limit, although we appreciate them being done sooner rather than later. Some transcribers finish in a matter of hours, others take days or weeks.
I don't know some of the words used. What should I do?
The instructors always read them to make additions, corrections, etc, so just place something there in cases where you cannot understand what is being said, so the instructor will see that he needs to clarify it. You can either write out something phonetic, or estimate the word as best you can. It also helps to place it in [brackets]. You can also refer to the online Glossary.
Do the instructors give feedback on the quality of the transcriptions?
When the transcriptions are completed they are usually placed on the GnosticTeachings website. In most cases, they are posted online within a week or so. Exceptions may occur if the instructor wants to use the transcription for something else or if he or she simply has not had time to read it. As for feedback, the lecturers are primarily concerned with simply getting the information typed; completing a transcription is the primary mark of quality they look for, so if you complete a lecture, you get a grade of "A+"!