1. Manipura is the third chakra of our spinal medulla.
2. This chakra of our spinal medulla resides in the Nabhi Sthana (the navel area).
3. The hepatic and splenic plexuses enter into activity when this chakra awakens.
4. Ten Yoga nadis emanate from this chakra.
5. The color of this chakra is like a resplendent fire.
6. The tattva Tejas is intimately related with this marvelous chakra.
7. The deity that rules this chakra is Vishnu, and the Goddess Lakshmi is also intimately related with this marvelous lotus.
8. The mantra Ram awakens this marvelous chakra. The sound of each letter must be prolonged as follows: rrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaammmmmmmm.
9. Our disciples could invoke the God Agni so that Agni can help them to awaken this marvelous chakra.
10. The God Agni has the appearance of a newborn baby and when he presents himself dressed in formal attire, he wears a marvelous ornamented crystalline tunic.
11. Then we see the countenance of this portentous being as ineffable lightning.
12. The aura of Agni produces light and music.
13. Agni, the God of fire, restores the igneous powers in each one of our seven bodies.
14. The mantra Swa! is pronounced as follows: Suuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaa… sua!
15. The Yogi/Yogini who learns to meditate in this chakra attains the Patala-Siddhi; they acquires great occult powers and are free from any type of sickness.
16. This chakra is the telepathic center or emotional brain.
17. The mental waves of the people who think of us reach the solar plexus; thereafter those waves pass into our brain.
18. Therefore, the solar plexus is our receptor antenna.
19. Our pineal gland is our transmitter center.
20. This chakra collects the solar forces and nourishes all the other plexuses with them.
21. The Yogi/Yogini who awakens this chakra acquires the sense of telepathy.
22. The Yogi/Yogini who awakens this chakra will never fear fire and will be able to remain alive within the flames.
23. The constitution of our vertebral column is marvelous.
24. Indeed, the vertebrae are placed one above the other, forming a very beautiful pillar upon which not only our cranium is supported but all of our marvelous organism.
25. Our spinal column is a marvelous clavichord that we have to learn how to play in order to bring forth all the enchanted melodies of the Zodiac.
26. Marvelous gaps exist between each pair of vertebrae, so that the spinal nerves can pass through them. These spinal nerves come from our spinal medulla to join each one of the prodigious chakras of the grand sympathetic nervous system.
27. The Yogi/Yogini must keep the elasticity of the spinal column.
28. Standing on our feet, vertical posture, with the hands placed on the waist, the Yogi/Yogini will turn his trunk from right to left around his waist, and thus he will keep the elasticity of the spinal column.
29. The solar plexus is the seat of Satan (inferior Astral lunar body).
30. Revelation of Saint John warns us as follows:
I know thy works and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit Fornication.
So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. - Revelation 2:13 -17
31. The lunar body or inferior Astral body—called Satan in esoteric Christian language—is connected to the solar plexus.
32. Now our disciples will comprehend from where the desires of overeating and drinking alcohol come.
33. Now our brothers will understand where the craving for Fornication and gluttony are born.
34. The lunar body is a remnant from our animal past.
35. The ancestral inheritance from the animal kingdom is preserved as our lower passions within the lunar body.
36. When we were animal elementals, our astral lunar (protoplasmic) body was not yet divided.
37. Yet, when we, for the first time, entered into the human kingdom, this Astral lunar body was divided in two portions, one superior, this was imbibed by the mind (inferior manas); any Yogi/Yogini moves consciously with this part during sleep. The other, the inferior, is called Satan in the esoteric Christian language; this is the inferior lunar Astral body (Kama-Rupa).
38. This lunar body is gigantic and deformed in perverse personalities.
39. Now our brothers and sisters will understand why our Lord the Christ said:
Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. – Matthew 18:3
40. Satan is nourished with our appetites and passions. Yet, when we remove the sources of his nutrition, he becomes smaller and beautiful.
41. This is how, dear brethren, we eat of hidden manna, the bread of wisdom.
42. This is how, beloved disciples, we receive the cornerstone from the temple of the living God.
43. That cornerstone is our resplendent Dragon of Wisdom, our inner Christ; that is the Breath of the Central Sun within us.
44. This is the small white stone on which is written our holy name.
45. Repent, dear brethren, and finish with all your defects.
46. Sanctify yourselves, brethren of my Soul, so that you will not fall into the lunar abysses (Avitchi).
47. Perverse personalities are divorced from the Monad and sink themselves into the lunar abysses of the eighth sphere.
This chapter is from Kundalini Yoga (1955) by Samael Aun Weor. The print and ebook editions by Glorian Publishing (a non-profit organization) are illustrated to aid your understanding, and include features like a glossary and index. Buy the book, and you benefit yourself and others.